Good morning, Parents,
Last year one of the biggest highlights of the school year for me was the first ever Co-Curricular Assembly where we celebrated the success of our musicians, artists, actors and actresses with the entire student body in a pep rally sort of setting. I think the reason it was such a highlight was because it was so nice to see our student body respond with so much support and excitement about the success and performances of students who give so much to our school. Yesterday, we had our second annual Co-Curricular Assembly and the energy and support around the celebration was excellent once again.
The pep rally included a performance by the Percussion Ensemble and a Voice selection, both of which really represent the talents and hard work of the students in our music programs well. All of the students who participated in State Solo/Ensemble were recognized and the the following major awards were presented.
- John Philip Sousa: Alex M.
- Louis Armstrong Jazz: Jacob G.
- Band Director’s: Kayla D.
- Best Female Vocalist: Danielle B.
- Best Male Vocalist: Ben L.
- Choral Conductor’s Award: Paige B.
- Best Overall OHS Musician: Alex M.
- Outstanding Musical Actor: Angel R. “Little Shop of Horrors”
- Outstanding Musial Actress: Jenny G. “Little Shop of Horrors”
- Outstanding Play Actor: Alex M. “Hansel and Gretel”
- Outstanding Play Actress: Miranda M. “Hansel and Gretel”
- Best Newcomer to the Drama Dept.: Connor G.
- Best Techie: Anna P.
Big East Art Show Participants:
- Jordynn S., The Beauty Within, Artist Book
- Jenny G., Autumn P., Oil on Canvas
- Zachary M., Corium-Mer, Leathercraft
- Matthew D., Tetra, Stoneware
- Joseph M., Desolate Grotto, Artist Book
- Paul P., The Awesome Paul, Collage
- Andrea M., Oriverse, Collage
WIAA Scholar Athletes:
- Jacob G. & Keri H.
- Senior Female Athlete of the Year: Keri H.
- Senior Male Athlete of the Year: Jacob G.
Most Well-Rounded Senior: Jacob G.
On a separate topic, most parents probably heard from your students that we flip/flopped Wed. and Thurs. this week with the hope of providing a nicer day for the Senior Fry. This change will have little impact on the classroom, although some of the seniors had to push up their exam preparation a day. The seniors will enjoy the Fry tomorrow, hopefully on a sunny afternoon.