The School District of Oostburg is seeking a full time Director of Special Education and Pupil Services. As a member of the district leadership team, the Director shall perform those duties necessary to support the overall instructional mission of the school district. Oostburg believes all students can learn at high levels, and this position provides leadership which enhances our focus on vertical collaboration 4K-12 as we work together to achieve our goals. Co-teaching and inclusion are focus areas which complement our strong vertical district partnerships. Stakeholder involvement and professional staff efficacy are district priorities requiring strong leadership from this position.
Requirements: (Licensing flexibility may exist for the right candidate)
- Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Certification to supervise Special Education (5080).
- School Psychologist license preferred (7062).
- Experience in administration and supervision preferred.
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following and/or have experience with:
- Contributing to a district collaborative team structure with an emphasis on vertical articulation.
- A commitment to success of district students and specifically to raising the academic achievement of all children in our district.
- Serving as an advocate for all children, specifically those requiring special education.
- A desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities for professional development.
- An ability to use data to meet the instructional needs of our student population.
- Recruiting, supervising and evaluating, with building administrators, special education staff.
- Leading the advancement of programming essential to meeting the needs of special education students and our overall student population.
- Remaining informed of current trends and legal requirements governing special education.
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of records and reports on programs and services as required.
- Collaborating with Director of Finance to oversee Fund 27 budget.
The School District of Oostburg district enjoys strong community support as evidenced by our recently completed $9.8 million elementary school facility project. An invested and talented faculty team models learning and serves a student population of approximately 1,000 students in grades K4-12. In addition to excellent facilities, the district has worked hard to be an attractive employer recognizing that our schools can only be as good as our educators. Oostburg School District consistently ranks in the top 10% statewide in academic achievement, and our strong focus on the learning of all students is central to our success. We have consistently been able to attract and retain high quality teachers and believe applicants will be impressed with the quality of the students and colleagues they find in our district. We are located in Eastern Wisconsin on Lake Michigan between Milwaukee and Sheboygan.
The School District of Oostburg offers an excellent compensation and benefits package for its employees including health insurance with a local clinic partnership through Prevea Health, dental insurance, health savings account contributions, life insurance, long term disability insurance and flexible benefit plans. The value and support our community places on education contributes to making Oostburg a great place to start or continue your career. We encourage you to view our introductory video located on the district’s website.
Position Start Date: August 1, 2019
This position is posted on WECAN. Application Deadline: July 28, 2019