We can’t wait to see you at the annual PTO Family Fun Fair on Friday, February 16th. There are games, prizes, food, face painting, bounce houses, tattoos, silent auctions, and raffles. Check out all the great prizes to be won! The PTO is still in need of parent volunteers to help at the BIG EVENT . Click here for more information!
Monthly Archives: January 2018
I know it’s cliche’, but where did the time go? We are already a week into 3rd quarter! With this being said, I thought it may be helpful to remind parents of different tips to stay informed with OMS and all the great things we are doing. Did you know…?:
- You can see daily assignments and upcoming tests, quizzes, or project due dates, as well as any school announcements, by visiting the OMS website. Did your child forget to bring home their planner? Did she bring it home but not fill it out? No problem! Visit https://oostburg.k12.wi.us/middle-school/#msacademics and click on the grade level you are looking for to see the information you need for the night or weekend.
- Not sure when the due date to sign up for girls volleyball is? Not sure when the next boys basketball game is? Did your child forget the permission slip for the rollerblading unit again? No problem! You can see student announcements, upcoming OMS events or other news worthy information, as well as a link for forms and flyers related to the announcements by visiting https://oostburg.k12.wi.us/middle-school/#msupcoming.
- Do you want to know what is happening at OMS and beyond but don’t want to be checking our website continually? No problem! Subscribe to either a daily or weekly digest for any of the school buildings or the district by visiting https://oostburg.k12.wi.us/#news. Click on the plus next to “Receive News Updates to your Inbox”. Fill in the email address you want to receive daily or weekly updates to, as well as where you want the information from (District, OHS, OMS, or OES), and click subscribe.
- OMS offers after and before school study hall in the library on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:15pm and on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 7-7:20 am. If you struggle to get your child to do homework at home or if your child prefers to get their work done at school, they are welcome to join us in the library during these times.
- You can view your child’s progress and gain access to any other school-related news via the parent portal of Infinite Campus. Second quarter report cards are now posted. Directions for locating them can be found here. If you need to set up an account for Infinite Campus, please call Deb Denboer in the Middle School office and she will assist you.
Thank you for partnering with us to strive for high levels of learning for all students. We couldn’t do this important work without the support of parents and community members. Here’s to a successful second semester!
OMS students had the unique opportunity to page through pristine primary source documents. Most of the newspapers are from the 1930s and from the Twins Cities. They were removed from a house wall by a local contractor. Because it was the Great Depression, we can predict that the newspapers were being used as insulation, since most of them had been stitched together. They had been hidden away in total darkness for nearly 80 years before they had been recovered. Students enjoyed reading the headlines and noticing the nuances of life around the time of World War II.
OHS 2016 graduate, Jenny Gross, has been selected as the 2018 American Honey Princess. The honor and responsibility of this title means she will spend this year promoting the beekeeping industry throughout the country. Jenny Gross is currently a sophomore in Concordia University’s hospitality and event management program. Click here for more information on this star alum’s accomplishments!
Oostburg Elementary School Registration for Junior Kindergarten and 5-Year-Old Kindergarten 2018-2019
The School District of Oostburg is accepting registrations for Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Age appropriate children will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018 for Junior Kindergarten or 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018 for Kindergarten.
Parents/guardians interested in enrolling their child in Junior Kindergarten are invited to attend an informational meeting Monday, February 19, 6:00 PM, at the Oostburg Elementary School library. Specific information will be provided regarding expectations for Junior Kindergarten, the curriculum that will be used, and assessment procedures.
Call (920)564-2392 ext. 4102 to request enrollment materials for Junior Kindergarten or Kindergarten, or to obtain additional information. It is not necessary to request Kindergarten registration materials if your child currently attends Junior Kindergarten at Oostburg Elementary School.
Good morning, Parents,
Reminder: Today is the first day of our semester exam schedule. Seniors have open campus today and tomorrow. All HS students have open campus on Friday. If your students tell you that some of their classes are not meeting during the exam process, they are not telling the truth. All classes will meet once over the three day schedule.
Next week we will be having mentor homerooms on Monday thru Thursday with freshmen and sophomores to prepare for our Student Led Conferences (with just parents of freshmen and sophomores) on Monday, January 29th and Tuesday, January 30th from 3:00-7:00 pm each evening. Freshmen and sophomore parents, the teacher who is mentoring your child will be contacting you to set up a conference time on one of those two evenings. We will probably try to schedule the Student Led Conferences at 4:00, 4:20, 4:40, 5:00, 5:20, and 5:40. We will provide unstructured time from 3-4 pm and 6-7 pm in case some parents from any grade level wish to stop in and have a more traditional form of parent/teacher conference. More