Excitement is in the air! You may have seen some pictures of the 4th grade vocabulary parade and pumpkin carving posted on Twitter this morning. Students enjoy the creativity that comes with these traditions, and we enjoy seeing students have so much fun while learning. Besides, who doesn’t love dressing up like a vocabulary word?
A few reminders to keep in front of you the next few weeks:
· Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for November 18 and 20. Please come prepared with any questions you might have. We are looking forward to this opportunity to meet face to face to discuss your child’s learning.
· There is NO SCHOOL in Friday, November 7, due to Teacher In-Service.
· Please consider how your family can contribute to our 7th Annual Food Drive November 3-25, sponsored by Lakeland Chiropractic. We will be sharing some important facts about hunger with our students the next few weeks, and we look forward to serving our community in a way that will address some important needs. Among the items most needed in food pantries: peanut butter, tuna or canned meat, canned foods with pop-top lids, rice, pasta, dry soup mix, beans, baby food, infant formula, diapers, toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant.
· If you are looking to quickly deplete the significant amounts of candy from Trick or Treating, please consider donating it to Operation Gratitude’s Candy Give Back Program. We will be accepting bags of candy until November 11.
· The change of seasons usually creates a surplus of items in our Lost and Not Yet Found. Among items waiting to be found are 2 pairs of eye glasses. Please check the office and the Lost and Found to retrieve your child’s belongings.
· Don’t forget to check our weekly on-line Friday Folder at www.oostburg.k12.wi.us for important classroom, school, and community information and opportunities.
Thank you for all of the continued support you give to us and to your child in their learning. Have a great weekend!