Mrs. Stengel’s Top 10
As students just rushed out the school doors in anticipation of a long weekend of Thanksgiving, I reflect upon my first couple of months as the principal of Oostburg Middle School. I am reminded during this week of Thanksgiving, and throughout the year, how truly blessed I am to work with and along side all of you. With that being said, here are my “Top 10 Reasons Why I am Thankful to Be at Oostburg Middle School”.
10. I get the best of both worlds. Students enter OMS as children and leave as young adults. Witnessing that transformation is truly amazing!
9. Challenging students at a game of checkers, fuse ball, or air hockey in the Youth Center brings back the kid in me.
8. Working with a population were they think turning 40 is “old”. No further explanation is needed on this one!
7. The staff at OMS is incredible. Working with a dedicated staff who truly cares about every single child is energizing.
6. I continue to learn along with the students every single day. Modeling and reinforcing life long learning is fun work.
5. Problem-solving with staff and parents around the needs of the children is both challenging and rewarding.
4. The Oostburg Community is supportive of the school and district. The influence of the entire village helps shape the wonderful young people I get to see and interact with daily!
3. I’ve worked in other districts and the parental involvement and support at OMS and in OSD as a whole is fabulous.
2. Working with staff and administration who believe in high levels of learning for all students. Working together with parents to do our very, very best in preparing students for success as they enter high school and embark upon their post-secondary endeavors.
And the number one reason I am thankful to be at OMS is……
1. Having the opportunity to care for and support an entire school of students. The children, or should I say “young adolescents”, mean the world to me. I feel truly blessed to be involved in such an important part of their young lives. Thank you for trusting in me to play such a role.
Although the above is infused with a bit of humor, the reality is that I am truly thankful and appreciate beyond words the school district, my colleagues, the community, and of course, the students.
To get a glimpse of what some of our 8th grade students are thankful for, please view the following links. Our children are wise beyond their years! #simplygivethanks
Olivia V http://goo.gl/7QND7l