I know it’s cliche’, but where did the time go? We are already a week into 3rd quarter! With this being said, I thought it may be helpful to remind parents of different tips to stay informed with OMS and all the great things we are doing. Did you know…?:
- You can see daily assignments and upcoming tests, quizzes, or project due dates, as well as any school announcements, by visiting the OMS website. Did your child forget to bring home their planner? Did she bring it home but not fill it out? No problem! Visit http://oostburg.k12.wi.us/middle-school/#msacademics and click on the grade level you are looking for to see the information you need for the night or weekend.
- Not sure when the due date to sign up for girls volleyball is? Not sure when the next boys basketball game is? Did your child forget the permission slip for the rollerblading unit again? No problem! You can see student announcements, upcoming OMS events or other news worthy information, as well as a link for forms and flyers related to the announcements by visiting http://oostburg.k12.wi.us/middle-school/#msupcoming.
- Do you want to know what is happening at OMS and beyond but don’t want to be checking our website continually? No problem! Subscribe to either a daily or weekly digest for any of the school buildings or the district by visiting http://oostburg.k12.wi.us/#news. Click on the plus next to “Receive News Updates to your Inbox”. Fill in the email address you want to receive daily or weekly updates to, as well as where you want the information from (District, OHS, OMS, or OES), and click subscribe.
- OMS offers after and before school study hall in the library on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:15pm and on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 7-7:20 am. If you struggle to get your child to do homework at home or if your child prefers to get their work done at school, they are welcome to join us in the library during these times.
- You can view your child’s progress and gain access to any other school-related news via the parent portal of Infinite Campus. Second quarter report cards are now posted. Directions for locating them can be found here. If you need to set up an account for Infinite Campus, please call Deb Denboer in the Middle School office and she will assist you.
Thank you for partnering with us to strive for high levels of learning for all students. We couldn’t do this important work without the support of parents and community members. Here’s to a successful second semester!