Preparation and planning for our recently approved building renovation and additions at OES continue to move forward. Regular meetings with Bray Architects are allowing our staff an opportunity to provide input into the finer details around our floor plan. Our focus on prioritizing local contractors continues as we recently awarded our first contract to Compsite Surveying for site surveying. Compsite is owned by Oostburg resident John DuMez and we are pleased that he will be completing our survey work. In addition, we are finalizing details that will allow us to finance this project locally through Oostburg State Bank. The timing of this project continues to be positive as interest rates are much lower than originally projected, allowing us to confidently predict that that the tax impact of this project will be lower than the $25 per $100,000 of property value which was originally communicated.
Although we are excited to get “shovels in the ground” we also want to ensure proper planning. We remain on schedule for the timeline proposed as we brought this project to referendum and look forward to substantial work beginning in late summer.
- Design / site prep – February-July 2016
- Bidding / site prep – August 2016
- Construction begins – August / September 2016
- Phase I – playground relocation and east classroom addition – September 2016 – March 2017
- Phase II – Remove 1956 wing – April 2017
- Phase III – Parking / drop off loop improvements / office area rennovation – Summer 2017
- Phase IV – Construction of west wing addition (kitchen, cafeteria/multipurpose space) – May – October 2017
- Project completion – October 2017
Please feel free to contact us with questions or stop in if you would like to take a look at how our plans are coming along.
Enjoy this day!