We have had a great week of celebration, in and outside of the classroom. Many students have shared with me how they’ve mastered specific goals. Others are working diligently to get their goals mastered by the end of next week. One student told me her goal was to master one math target per each day we have left of school. I love to hear about each and every goal. I love it that our students are so aware of their learning and their progress along the way. We’ve all worked really hard this year, and each student should be pleased with their accomplishments.
I’d like to thank all of our volunteers who have been in and out of our school the last few weeks. It’s great to see the community in our building to participate in events such as our Summertime Café, field trips, and presentations. Our students just love to have familiar faces in the building and participating in these big events. Your involvement enhances each student’s education in unique ways. Thank you for making it a priority.
We have a few housekeeping reminders as you get ready to wrap up the school year:
- Report cards will be mailed home this year. In order to reduce mailing costs, teachers will be sending writing samples and rubrics home with students (normally with the report card). Please be sure to check your child’s backpack for this important information.
- Please check the lost and found. I’m shocked by how many really nice items have been abandoned. We’ll be donating any leftover items once school is out.
- There is still time to sign up for summer school. Registration forms can be found in the Friday Folder section of the website.
- Please watch for upcoming registration materials. I know no one wants to think about the 16-17 school year yet, but summer always flies by. Please be vigilant about getting this accomplished, so we can do our best to be ready for September.
- The last day of school is a full day.
Please continue to stay in communication with us regarding any questions or concerns. We are still full on for the next week and welcome parent communication.
Have a great weekend!