Monthly Archives: November 2017
The Oostburg Parents Music Club is sponsoring a poinsettia sale from November 17- Dec. 4. The plants will be used to decorate the High School Gym for the OMS Choir and Band Winter Concert at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, December 11. The plants come in a 6.5″ foil-covered pot from Caan’s Greenhouses in Sheboygan. You may choose either red or white plants, which will have bows of the opposite color around the pot. The minimal profit made from each sale goes directly to the OPMC, which uses the money for camp scholarships, honor band/choir registration fees, new instruments, robes, uniforms, trips, etc. Please note: All plants must be picked up immediately following the concert, since we must clear the gym for phy. ed. classes the following day. Thanks for your support!
Fill in this form and return it with your payment to the OMS office or to your child’s music teacher: Jill Hanes (band) or Mrs. Williams (choir). Checks are preferred and should be made payable to the Oostburg Parents Music Club. Orders must be placed by Monday, December 4 in order to guaranty delivery by the concert date. Please contact Jill Hanes with any questions.
The elementary and middle schools will be collecting toy donations for children of all ages for the Foster Care Gift Drive. If you would like to help, please send unwrapped gifts to school where they can be put into the donation box by the office. More information on this program is available here.
It’s that time of the year that I get sappy and reflect upon my career working in the Oostburg School District and all that I am truly thankful for as a result. Some of my highlights include:
1. The staff: I am able to wake up eager each day to come to OMS and work alongside the most dedicated staff that I’ve had the opportunity to work with. Each staff member is committed to growing professionally and learning together to best meet the needs of the students that walk through our doors. For this I am thankful!
2. The community: I am proud to work in the Oostburg School District. We have a community that values education, family, and the importance of respect and work ethic. Thank you for partnering with OMS staff and myself to work in the very best interests of the students. They are our future. Creating a culture of learning and high expectations is our goal to make every student college and career ready when they leave OHS at the end of their senior year. We couldn’t do this most important work effectively without your support. For this I am thankful!
3. The students: Today I got to serve my school family pumpkin pie at lunch and wish each student a Happy Thanksgiving as I served them. I take my work extremely seriously as you entrust me and the OMS staff with life’s most precious cargo…..your children! They brighten the most gloomy of days with their smiles, stories, and awkward middle school moments. For this I am thankful!
Thank you for allowing me to serve in the role as principal and work tirelessly with staff to provide high levels of learning for each child. As we finish out a short week and prepare to celebrate the holiday with family and friends, please be safe, have fun, and enjoy. Many blessings to each one of you!
Join us on Wednesday, Nov 22 for a virtual tour of the new facilities constructed as part of the OES building project. These features include the central courtyard, multipurpose room, and district kitchen, among other spaces. You’ll be amazed at the transformation!
Good morning, Parents.
- $250 of additional casual reading books for the freshmen English classrooms.
- $317 for a classroom set of the book Night to expand the sophomore English curriculum.
- $550 in new microscopes for our Biology and AP Biology students.
- $1220 for second grade mentor texts for reading workshops.
- $1200 for an upgraded computer system for the students who publish the Oh-Say.
- $800 CNC tooling kit for our technology students.
- $2000 video editing computer station for our Flying Dutch Media students.
- $1000 in novels to enhance our social studies curriculum for high school students.
- $790 for two document cameras for 2nd grade classrooms.
- $1645 for additional bikes for our physical education students
We Need Your Help! Oostburg High School is hosting this year’s Southern Central Lakeshore Conference Solo and Ensemble Festival on Friday and Saturday, March 16 & 17, 2018, and needs many volunteers! To find out how you can help, please contact Mrs. Siera Williams at OMS, 564-2383, x1153. All positions will be 2 hour shifts, unless you are contacted with different information prior to the event. Below are all position descriptions: More